My friend, Traci, shared 6 interesting facts on her blog and tagged me to do the same. (Thanks, Traci!) I also have to tag some friends to keep this going. So, Kassie, Kate, Sheila, Evelyn, and Sara, TAG, YOU'RE IT!
Now for my 6 facts--you be the judge of whether or not they are interesting.
1) I have lived in the same county all of my life--well, except for two semesters in Columbia, but that's not too far from home and even then, I came home a lot. Drew and I have thought about moving away, even just for a few years, but we know we are very lucky to live near our families. We want the boys to grow up near their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Moving is not completely out of the question, but right now, we're happy where we are!
2) Drew and I met in the Burger King drive thru. Well, we saw each other for the first time in the drive thru but actually met the next time I went in the lobby. He wrote his phone number on the back of my receipt that time. Who would have thought we were meant for each other?!
3) I'm addicted to working out. I played sports in HS and college but never liked working out in the gym or running. After I had Aidan, I started working out to lose the rest of the baby weight and got hooked. After I had Cale, I got even more into it and decided to train for some longer races. It took me a while to actually sign up for them, but I finally did it and had such a great experience. Now running/working out is a huge part of me. I NEED it as a release. (If I'm getting a little grouchy, Drew tells me to go for a run!)
4) I met one of my closest friends in 2nd grade when our teachers had our classes write to each other. We exchanged addresses at the end of the school year and continued writing to each other. We met for the first time when she came to Kansas City to be a bridesmaid in my wedding. We still write (well e-mail now!) and are hoping to meet up again in the spring.
5) I have a degree in Business Management that I don't use, but I wouldn't give up staying home with my boys for anything. I do sub (when they call me!) and coach, but those jobs don't require a college education! Sometimes I feel like it's silly to have a degree and not use it but I am very glad I have it and hopefully someday I'll put it to good use.
6) I highlight text on the computer as I'm reading it. If I'm typing something and stop to think about it, I'll highlight what I have already typed until I start typing again. (I've done it several times as I've been sitting here, thinking of my facts!) I'm not sure why I do it, but it drives Drew crazy!
Okay, now it's your turn!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish I was addicted to working out! And I'm such always such a slacker when tagged. :-( I think it's neat that you've lived in the same county most of your life, and are raising your family there.
Post a Comment