Yesterday was officially spring. It definitely felt like it here too! We spent most of our day outside and it was great! Drew and I took Cale on a walk in the afternoon and it was so beautiful out. We walked down to the river overlook at the end of Main Street. Now the Platte River is not too exciting, but Cale had a great time. (He did not, however, do much walking! Silly little boy. No, spoiled little boy. Silly Mom and Dad!)
I spent several hours in the yard, cleaning up leaves and pulling out some old plants. We did rake leaves last fall, but I feel like it was a job that just never got finished. (I don't know how, but the leaves from our two trees AND the three in the neighbor's yard all seem to end up in OUR yard!) We deal with ants all spring/summer or have the past few years. I'm hoping that getting those leaves out and putting some granules out tomorrow will help with that problem. Unfortunately, we'll have to deal with the blossoms off the trees soon enough. I *think* they are cherry blossoms trees. (At least that's what I've been told.) They are so pretty but only for a week or two. Then the blossoms fall off and we have to deal with cleaning up those. I'll be sure to take a picture once they have totally bloomed!
We have so much stuff to do outside and look forward to the warm sunny weather. (It IS supposed to rain the next three days... Hopefully things will stay sunny AFTER that!) We got our Friends of the Zoo passes in the mail the other day. That is one of the things at the top of my list! Oh, and I'm pretty excited about changing the snow themed plates on my plate rack to the bright, spring ones instead! It really is the little things...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment