Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring preview

A few weeks ago (gosh, I can't even remember the exact date now!), the boys and I spent a gorgeous Friday afternoon with a few of our friends. We went out to lunch with Julie, Harrison and Hannah (Panera--YUMMY!) and then went back to their house for a while to play. Poor Cale fell asleep on the way to Panera. I put him in the stroller, took him in the restaurant, put him back in his carseat and he slept through all of it. We were playing outside, so I just left him asleep in his carseat. He didn't wake up until we were on our way to Smithville to play with Aunt Mari, Ruthie and Audrey. We played outside there as well. Needless to say, I had two little boys in need of a bath at the end of the day! We're looking forward to this summer and being able to play with our friends a lot more often!

Here are some pictures.

Cheesy Aidan
Photobucket

Harrison and I have bonded over books. We're buds now!
Photobucket

Craziest thing--Aidan was standing out in the middle of Julie's cul-de-sac, hitting the ball. One of his hits landed on the hood of my car, bounced backward, flew in the back window, and landed on Cale. Hard to believe, I'm sure. I don't know that I would have had I not seen it all happen. Luckily, Julie and I both did, so neither one of us had to try to convince the other what had gone down!
Here's where it landed!
Photobucket

And he finally wakes up!! At Aunt Mari's house, whining about something... (probably his brother not sharing the bat)
Photobucket

Ruthie (or as Cale calls her, RuthER) digging--these kids love to dig!
Photobucket

I think Miss Audrey definitely has sports in her future!
Photobucket

Cale missed lunch and stood at the door, begging for a snack! He really enjoyed his banana.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for gorgeous weather! When I lived on the East Coast, the first day of good weather after a long winter was the BEST day of the year. Now that I'm in Texas, the first day of good weather after a LONG summer is the greatest thing. Enjoy!!! Looks like the boys are loving it. Love the pic of Cale enjoying his banana - or manana as my son calls it.

beth said...

Great pics! I love the one of the ball with Cale. CANNOT believe he slept through it! Glad you have been able to get out and enjoy the outdoors more!

Jenny said...

LOL!!! OMG - that pic of Cale and the ball is soo funny!