Thursday, August 5, 2010

DRAGON CASTLE!

Aidan and Cale had dentist appointments today. Aidan has been 3-4 times before and Cale has been twice. They've done really well at all of them, but I've always gone back with them. The dentist likes for them to come back alone as they get older, but I didn't think we were quite ready for that. However, when the dental assistant came out to get them, Cale took Aidan's hand, they said bye to me and Beck, and walked on back!

I spent the next hour keeping Beck entertained and peeking in the little window to check on them. Every time I looked, one of them was in the chair and the other was standing/sitting next to it. (It took a little longer than normal because Aidan had an old filling that needed to be fixed.)

The assistant brought Cale out and a few minutes later, Aidan came out. The dentist called me back to give me their report cards (excellent! no cavities for either of them) and explain the situation with the filling. While I was standing at the counter, making their next check-up, the assistant went out of her way to come and tell me how well behaved the boys had been and how impressed she was with them. I'm sure the look on my face told her that they aren't always such angels, but I thanked her and then told them both how proud I was to hear that!

From there, we stopped and got lunch and then made three more stops, searching for several random items. All three of my boys (can't forget Beck!) were on their best behavior all day long. No fights, no tantrums. I was kind of starting to wonder who switched out my children. (No worries. They made sure I knew it was still them once we got home!) I was so impressed that when they asked to get a cardboard castle that you can color at Hobby Lobby, I said "Sure!" It probably wasn't the best investment ever. It is just cardboard and let's face it, these little boys are rough, but their behavior warranted it. And the excitement over it has been totally worth it!

Here are a few pictures after we got it set up.

Aidan made signs.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The castle!
Photobucket

Aidan and the drawbridge
Photobucket

Photobucket

We also made a sword.
Photobucket

He was fighting snakes.
Photobucket

Cale slept while we put it together and wasn't sure about pictures right after he woke up.
Photobucket

I almost forgot to add that Aidan made signs for the front door of our house that said DRAGON CASTLE. He told me that he would give out ice cream cones and free toys (cause he has extras that he never uses) to people who wanted to come visit the Dragon Castle. He also wanted to stand out on the front step to advertise! When I told him no, he sat his walkie talkie out there and then sat inside talking on the other one! Silly boy!

4 comments:

Amanda Cook said...

It is so nice when people tell you good things about your boys' behavior. It always make me proud too when I get compliments. :) But then, like you said, children have a way of bringing you back to reality. lol I have to take Nolan to the dentist on Monday and I'm hoping he will sit in the actual dentist chair this time. He has sat on my lap everytime before.

Kristi said...

Amanda, I figure as long as they are behaving for others, that is what matters! At least they are picking up some of what I tell them, you know?! I shouldn't make them sound so awful. They can be ornery at times, but they have just as many sweet moments, too!

Jenny said...

OMG - that is SO cute!! What good boys you have!

Katy said...

Yay for a great dentist appointment! That dragon castle looks like a lot of fun!