This morning, at breakfast, Drew got up to walk into the other room. I told Beck to say bye dada. At that, he waved and said "Dada!" Drew was already out of the room, but I heard "WHAAAAAT?" and he came back. Beck said again "Dada!"
Drew was pretty pleased and immediately started boasting that he had "won". I had tears in my eyes, though and was thrilled to have heard my baby's first real word, even if it wasn't my name. (Besides, ask Drew who Beck cries for... Mommy "wins" there.)
Beck has said "Dada" several more times today, proving that it wasn't just a fluke. Such a big boy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh yeah, crying for Mommy wins everytime. Yeah for first words!
What a big boy! Go Beck!
Awww. I like that you admitted you had tears in your eyes.. because I didn't want to be the only one. Maybe I can convince Chloe to say "mama" first, but I'm not sure that has ever happened to anyone.
Post a Comment