Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Run for the Frogs

On Saturday, September 20, Nanny, Aidan, Cale, Kassie, Scott, Nick, Ashley, Marlee, Aunt Denise, and I headed down to the Kansas City Zoo to participate in the Run for the Frogs (http://www.kansascityzoorun.org/). Every year they have a 4 mile run and a 1 mile run/walk to raise money for a different animal. I was going to run the 4 mile race by myself but decided it would be fun to do with the boys. Aidan was SO excited to have a race just like Mommy (which of course, I loved). He actually ran the last half mile or so and after we crossed the finish line, proudly told me that he thought he "was probably the second winner."

We walked around the zoo and checked out some animals after the walk. Here are some pictures from our morning! <3

Kass was a good sport about walking for frogs--she HATES them!
Photobucket

Marlee and Cale are best buds
Photobucket

Scott & Kass after the walk
Photobucket

The walking put Marlee to sleep!
Photobucket

Cale climbing like a meerkat
Photobucket

Aidan's Buddha belly
Photobucket

Me & Cale near the kangaroos
Photobucket

Cale found this stream and sat there for over 5 minutes
Photobucket

He tried to climb in before I finally carried him away!
Photobucket

Cale then climbed to the top of these rocks...
Photobucket

and couldn't figure out how to get back down!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kate said...

Cute pics!! Cale is such a climber!! And YAY for Aidan's race!!