Saturday, October 17, 2009

36 week update

How far along? 36 weeks 2 days

Total weight gain? 30 lbs

Sleep: Depends on the night. Sometimes I'll sleep the whole night. Other nights, I get up to use the bathroom and stay up for an hour or two. I guess I'm getting myself ready for late night feedings!

Movement: Still a BUSY baby. Mostly just rolling movements at this point. I usually have a butt (I think!) at the top of my belly and something knobby poking out my right side. I don't know if it's because he's running out of room in there, but it seems like it's getting more painful for me!

Food craving: Not food but I've been craving ICE water. It has to have a lot of ice and be extra cold. I'm having to make myself eat again because most of the time, I'm just not hungry.

What I miss: Lying on my tummy and having more than just a few clothing options!

What I'm looking forward to: Enjoying these last 3 weeks! This pregnancy has gone by so fast for me. I'm so excited to meet Beckett but honestly not in a huge rush at this point!

Milestones: Almost full term!

How I'm feeling: Pretty good! Definitely bigger but not super uncomfortable or anything. I ran my last 5k of the pregnancy today. I've only been getting a run in here and there, but the race went well. Still walking lots and lifting/going to pilates. Exercising during this whole pregnancy has been so good for me.

Doctor appt update: Going every week now. I had a big gain at 33 weeks (6 lbs--eek!) but haven't gained any more since then, so I'm holding steady at 30 lbs right now. I ended up in L&D after I had some contractions at my 35 week appointment. They gave me some meds to stop the contractions. They made me feel awful, but they worked and that was the important part. As of my last appointment, I was 1 cm dilated, but that, of course, doesn't mean much. Everything else has been just as it should be!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I cannot believe you are 36wks already! Almost there. :)

beth said...

Sounds like a great update! And congrats on running in your recent 5K - awesome accomplishment!