Tuesday, October 27, 2009

38 week update

How far along? 37 weeks 5 days

Total weight gain? 30 lbs

Sleep: What sleep? It seems like I either can't get comfortable or one of my little friends has a bad night (usually Cale). The boys spent the night with my parents last night and I got 5 hours in a row--the most I've gotten in a long time!

Movement: Lots of squirming in there! It's still pretty much non-stop. Poor guy is CRAMPED though!

Food craving: I'm not hungry at all these days. It's hit or miss on what sounds good and usually whatever I end up eating isn't as good as I had thought it would be! Still loving the ice water.

What I miss: Hmm... nothing stands out in my mind. I'm too busy trying to enjoy the last few weeks to think about the stuff I miss!

What I'm looking forward to: I'm so excited to meet Beckett and see what he looks like. I'm still not in any rush though.

Milestones: Full term! He could come any day now!

How I'm feeling: Still feel great. I ran 1 mile on Monday and hope to get a few more 1-2 mile runs in before Beckett arrives. I have been so lucky to be so comfortable this pregnancy.

Doctor appt update: I had an appointment this afternoon. Everything looked great. Still no more weight gain. My blood pressure and Beckett's heart rate were perfect. My belly measured right at 38 weeks. We talked some about a possible induction. She said if I make it to my appointment next Tuesday that they would schedule one then, as soon as next Friday. (I would be 39 weeks, 1 day.) Part of me thinks it would be nice to have things planned out, but then again, I would like to experience going into labor once more and also going without an epidural (which is possible with an induction but more difficult). At this point, I'm leaning toward waiting until the following week (the week of my due date) to schedule anything and hope that he decides to show up before then!

2 comments:

beth said...

Sounds like you're doing great! Good luck with natural childbirth, I really hope that it will be something you can experience.

Kate said...

YAY!! You are so close! I can't believe he'll be here in a couple of weeks!!