Tuesday, July 28, 2009

25 week update

Baby Update:

How far along? 24 weeks 5 days

Total weight gain? 17 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight (I was up almost 6.5 lbs today. I was thinking maybe 4-5 but was a little surprised that it was that much. I'm still doing much better than I did with either of the other two boys but think I need to keep the eating in check a little bit!)

Sleep: Pretty good actually! I have been sleeping through the whole night--well until 5 or 6 at least. Sometimes I have get up right away and use the bathroom. Other mornings I can doze until the boys get up.

Movement: Still a busy guy! I got a pregnancy update e-mail the other day that said baby should be sleeping 12-14 hours a day. Beckett is definitely awake more than 10-12 hours a day. I was a little concerned but the doctor said he is just an active baby. She also said that I might notice him settle into more of a routine in the next few weeks.

Food craving: No major cravings, just hungry all of the time! Quite the change from having to remind myself to eat (and probably the explanation for the weight gain!).

What I miss: Laying on my belly

What I'm looking forward to: still my follow up ultrasound on August 11 (fingers crossed that my placenta will have moved!)

Milestones: Almost in the 3rd trimester!! That's so crazy!

How I'm feeling: Great! Getting bigger but not too uncomfortable. I'm still running 9 miles/week and working out (pilates and some lifting).

Doctor appt update: I had another doctor's appointment today. They are pretty routine at this point. Blood pressure was good. Baby sounded good. My belly measured right where it should. I saw a different doctor today (have to get through the rotation), but this one didn't seem worried about the placenta issue either. I go back in 4 weeks and will have my gestational diabetes test, along with my regular appointment. After that, I will go every 2 weeks until 36 weeks (when it changes to every week)! It's going by too fast!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

yay!! It IS going by too fast!! Sounds like everything is going GREAT for you!