Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cale these days

Cale is at one of my favorite ages. Every day he says or does something and I can't help wonder 'Where did that come from?' It can also be a difficult age though. I guess the cute stuff makes up for the difficult stuff though because it is what stands out in my mind! (Looking back on Aidan at this age, I hardly remember any difficult moments. Drew assures me that there were plenty!)

I always thought that I should write down the stuff Aidan said or did but never really did. (Sorry, Aidan!) I figure since I have the blog now, I should make an effort to record the stuff Cale says and does.

Here are just a few of the things Cale is currently doing:

When he is looking for someone, he says "Where you are you, Mom/Dad/whoever?"

He has told knock-knock jokes for a long time but just finally got the banana/orange one down perfectly. (Knock, knock. Who's there? Banana. Banana who? Knock, knock. Who's there? Banana. Banana who? Knock, knock. Who's there? Orange. Orange who? Orange you glad I didn't say banana?! His version usually has two or three more rounds of banana though!)

He has also starting say "I spy with my little eye" instead of just "I spy" like he has always done.

(It just occurred to me that I need to get these things on video!)

He still wants to be carried a lot and almost always asks me to pick him up first thing. When I tell him no (he's getting so heavy and I'm getting bigger!), he says "Well, I hold your hand then?" I love hearing him say it and then holding his tiny little hand!

He still says certain things the wrong way. Instead of saying "Will you carry me?" he says "I carry you?" Another one I hear a lot is "You sit on my lap?" when he really means "Can I sit on your lap?" I always say "Do you mean (the correct way)?" and he repeats me, like that is what he said all along!

He also been saying "I guess" and "Whatever" a lot. I should probably try to discourage these two (whatever at least), but it's just SO cute to hear him say them!

One of the not so cute things he is doing is freaking out when things aren't done exactly as he wants them to be done or if you do something for him that he wanted to do on his own. For example, last night I asked if he wanted milk with his dinner. He said yes so I started to pour some for him and he immediately pitched a huge fit. It takes the longest time to calm him down once he gets worked up. Luckily these fits are few and far between because they are no fun for anyone!

There are bound to be a few ugly moments. (They are the TERRIBLE 2s, right?!) Like I said though, the good stuff definitely outshines the bad!

2 comments:

Megan said...

So glad you wrote these down! I need to do the same with Bryce.

Jenny said...

He is sooo sweet!!