Thursday, August 13, 2009

Placenta update!

Just what everyone needs... an update on my placenta! This is my third time being pregnant but the first time I've given a second thought to my placenta and its location. Who knew that having a low lying placenta could be so common? At any rate, I had another ultrasound on Tuesday and found out that it has moved up and is completely out of the way!

I took the boys with me to the ultrasound, hoping that we would get to watch Beckett for a little while. They are both very interested in talking to him and hugging/kissing my tummy lately, so I thought it would be neat for them to actually "see" him. The doctor checked everything out and explained what we were seeing. Aidan definitely got it and was very intrigued. Poor Cale was just a little confused though. I guess telling a two year old that we were going to "see baby Beckett" probably was a little misleading!

Beckett looks great. We got to see his face for a while. It was just a regular old ultrasound, so nothing fancy but I felt like we could see him pretty well. He was moving all over the place. It was neat to see what was actually kicking me. (His little head was up by my left ribs when we were watching him with his feet over on my lower right side.) He measured just where he should and weighs around 2 lbs right now. It's crazy to think that we'll be meeting little man in 3 months or less!

No comments: