We left last Monday for a road trip to Illinois. Drew had some work stuff in Joliet, so we thought we'd turn it into a mini family vacation and visit Chicago and some friends. It was a lot of driving (probably close to 20 hours in 3 days!), but the boys did really well. We stopped in Hannibal on the way. I've always wanted to visit there but I'm so glad we never made a special trip. There really wasn't much to see!
We didn't get to spend as much time in downtown Chicago as we had hoped, but it was neat to see what we did of the city. Aidan was amazed by the tall buildings. Both of the boys loved the beach. We had dinner with some friends (Melissa and Jeff and their daughter, Johanna and Amanda and Jason and their son, Owen). We all had a lot of fun, hanging out for the evening. Thanks again for having us over, Melissa and Jeff!
We also stopped in Chillicothe on the way home and had dinner with Papa and Granny. We were able to stay and visit for a while which was really nice.
It wasn't a long vacation, by any means, but we all had a good time!
I have a lot more from pictures from last week, so be sure to check back again soon! <3
I had so many pictures to post that I decided a slideshow would be better! ENJOY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You guys are crazy doing all that driving. lol It looks like fun though!
Post a Comment