Saturday, August 9, 2008

Nicholas James has arrived!

I woke up this morning just before 3 am to Drew's horribly annoying ringtone. I looked at the clock and was so irritated that one of his friends would be calling. However, as soon as it stopped ringing, I heard my phone start up. It was then that I realized it was probably Kassie.

Sure enough, she was calling to say that her water had broken. She told me to go back to bed and that she would call me later to let me know what was going on, but of course, that was not going to happen. I hung out for a while, waiting for my mom to come over. Two little boys I know woke up at 5:00 am and wouldn't go back to sleep either. My dad came over around 7:30, so my mom and I headed to the hospital.

Kassie had just gotten her epidural when we arrived. She was feeling pretty good but tired. She tried to rest some but that's hard to do when you're in labor! She was making good progress but then the nurse discovered that the baby was sunny side up. In an attempt to turn him face down, they managed to flip him into a breech position. Of course, she was at a 10 by this point but ended up with a c-section. Nicholas James arrived around 2:35 pm. (Nicholas after my middle name, Nicole, and James after Scott's dad.) He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz and was 21.5 inches long. He has dark hair and dark eyes and looks a LOT like his mama. Everyone is so in love with him already!

I know Kass was disappointed with how things turned out, but she did an amazing job. Nick is a beautiful baby and so lucky to have her as his mom!

I'm so proud of you, Kassie! I love you! <3

Two tired boys
Photobucket

Me & Kass
Photobucket

Nicholas James
Photobucket

Nick & his daddy
Photobucket

The Fetterman family
Photobucket

Tired baby--he had a rough day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jenny said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations!

Shannon said...

The pics are great! Thanks Kris.

Anonymous said...

that's a good blog...and not just because its about me! :-)