Sunday, June 28, 2009

Crazy dreams!!

I don't know what the boys and I had eaten last night before bed, but apparently we all had some crazy dreams. I was exhausted last night, so we all got in my bed earlier than our typical bedtime and turned on a show. Aidan was out in no time and I dozed while Cale climbed all over me and watched a movie. Cale finally fell asleep a little after 10, so I got comfy and passed out too.

Around 3:45, I woke up from a totally bizarre dream. I was walking up this hill (Bee Creek area for those of you from this area) with some people I knew from elementary/junior high/high school. (I haven't talked to any of them in years.) We were headed somewhere but then saw circus performers over behind the gate. We all freaked out and turned to go back, but before we could get away, the performers were all super close. We ended up jumping in a creek (which was where the ditch actually is), but they jumped in after us. I was swimming, trying to get away, but these little people with made up faces (almost like mimes) kept popping up in the water around me! I woke up at that point, sweating and scared. Now I have NO idea why I was so scared of these circus perfomers, but for whatever reason, I was! I needed to go to the bathroom when I woke up but was half-asleep and scared to get out of bed! I finally got the courage to go and wouldn't you know, the upstairs bathroom was out of toilet paper. (That reminds me... I still need to take a roll up there!) I ended up running downstairs, going to the bathroom and running back up. Yes, I am a total chicken, who is apparently scared of performers with painted faces! (It's weird though because really I'm not, but that dream freaked me out!)

I went back upstairs and tried calling Drew because he should have gotten off around 4:00 am. He didn't answer, so I just laid in bed for a while. All of a sudden, I heard Cale giggle and then say "Your turn!" He paused for a second and then said "Who's there?" He was obviously telling knock, knock jokes in his sleep. (We sit and tell knock, knock jokes as a family at least once a day.) It was so cute that he even dreams about them!

I'm not sure how much time had passed but a while later, (I had talked to Drew but was still just lying there) Aidan, sound asleep, said "There's something on my feet." I said "What, bud?" He replied with "There's slobber on my feet." I asked him if he wanted me to wipe them off and he kicked the blanket off his feet! I wiped them off and then went to give him a kiss. At that point, he held his hand up and said "Can you get more some new batteries?" I said "Sure" and kissed him. I went to lay back down when all of a sudden, he shot up, opened his eyes and said "WHERE'S CALE?!" I said "He's right here, Aidan. It's okay." He closed his eyes, said "Okay, I see him" and fell back on to the bed!

Apparently, it was just a night of crazy dreams for the Norris family!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Dying of cuteness that Cale tells knock knock jokes in his SLEEP!! I was going to say your crazy dreams are PG related, but I guess the rest of the fam can't use that excuse.

kristina said...

wow! That was a some crazy dreaming going on in your house.......but was so cute with Cale and how Aidan was looking for him...