I had my big ultrasound today and we found out that the blog name will still be appropriate! Baby #3 is a healthy little boy. (I will admit that I had given the blog name and the possibility of a daughter some thought!) Everything looked great with baby. He was waving and swallowing. He wasn't a fan of the u/s tech pushing on him and kept pushing on my bladder in response. It was so neat to see him though!
Unfortunately, we discovered that I have a low-lying placenta. The u/s tech didn't seem overly concerned by it but said that I would have to come back in 6 weeks to get it checked again. I guess there is a good chance that it will move up and everything will be fine. If, however, it doesn't, I will have to have a scheduled c-section. The u/s tech said she didn't think I would need to limit myself in anyway, but I called the doctor and talked to a nurse to be on the safe side. The nurse told me that I need to watch my lifting and just be cautious. It's possible that I won't have any spotting/bleeding, but if I do, I need to call/go in immediately. At this point, I've been given the okay to continue running/working out. As long as it doesn't seem to cause problems, the nurse said it should be fine.
I'll post again on Tuesday after my doctor's appointment. I figure the doctor will be able to better inform me on the situation. I would rather not have a c-section, but I just want to do what is best for me and the baby. There are definitely worse things that we could have found out today. Not ideal but we will manage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
big congrats again! :)
Yay for another boy!! So glad to hear he is healthy. I'm sorry about the placenta thing. Every case I've heard, it seems to move back into place, but I do think you get a bonus U/S out of it. Good luck!
Congrats on your third little boy! They are going to love playing together! Hope everything fixes itself! Also congrats Cale on potty training, that is nice to get him out of diapers before the new baby comes!
Congrats on baby boy #3!!!
Yeah for another boy!!
Post a Comment