Thursday, September 24, 2009

One last Royals game!

Drew got home from work on Tuesday morning and mentioned going to the Royals game that night. The season is almost over and I think he wanted to get one more game in. I wasn't sure about spending the money (4 tickets, parking, food, etc--it adds up so quickly!), but I thought it would be a fun outing for us. I told him I would think about it.

That afternoon, I heard my phone beep. When I checked it, I had a missed call and voice message from Drew's mom (aka Grandma Lori). She had called to say that she had tickets and a parking pass to the Royals game and wondered if we would be interested in going. Apparently it was meant to be!

Cale, of course, fell asleep on the way to the game. He slept for a while at the stadium but woke up and had a great time while we were there. Aidan loves the Royals (and Kevin Youkilis-they were playing the Red Sox), so he was in seventh heaven from the time we walked in.

A nice lady behind us went and got Royals pins and tattoos for the boys. She also talked to one of the kids who work there (I think they are interns or something) and told him that Aidan had been trying to catch a foul ball the whole night. (Aidan always takes his glove to the games. It's never a good thing when you catch a foul ball--or are given one caught by the guy next to you--at your very first game. Sets your expectations a little high!) The intern came over and gave Aidan a special Royals baseball. He also gave Aidan a squishy baseball that was signed by David DeJesus to give to Cale. (The lady told him that Aidan had a younger brother. Cale was in the bathroom when he came over.) It was so nice of both of them and totally made both boys' night!

Unfortunately, the night didn't end so well. Cale started telling us he was going to "choke" as we were leaving. (Choke is what he calls throwing up.) He ended up getting sick in the car on the way home and having a pretty rough night. He was a little sluggish Wednesday morning (probably pretty tired since he didn't sleep well) but was fine again by Wednesday afternoon.

Overall, it was a great night out and I'm glad we were able to go!

Here are some cute pictures from our night.

Aidan enthralled by the game
Photobucket

Cale sleeping
(You can see that his left eye is bruised. More about that to come!)
Photobucket

My little cutie finally woke up!
Photobucket

Aidan with his "foul" ball
Photobucket

We were worried that Cale would throw his ball, so we told him to sit it in his lap. He was very serious about sitting still and not bumping it!
Photobucket

My 3 boys!
Photobucket

Cale and Dad enjoyed the fireworks at the end when the Royals won.
Photobucket

Aidan, however, is still not a fan!
Photobucket

Family photo!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Megan said...

What a FUN night! Sorry Cale was not feeling well though.

Kate said...

how cute! Looks like a fun night...black eye and all! :(

Katy said...

Such a fun night, though it stinks Cale was sick afterwards.

Traci said...

How fun! Poor Cale "choking".

celesle said...

fun - you have such a cute family kristi!

beth said...

what a fun night! glad you guys got to go! poor cale though :(