Saturday, September 12, 2009

Practicing on the potty!

I wouldn't say that we are potty training at this point--just practicing for it really! Cale has been telling me several times a day that he needs to pee and wants to go on the potty. It's not every time and he still hasn't told us that he needs to poop on the potty. (Though he has started telling us right away when he poops--before he would go and hide and then fight us when we tried to change it.) I'm just going to let him tell me when he wants to go and hopefully he'll just get better at it as time goes on! (I am asking occasionally and PRAISING a lot when he goes, so maybe that will help some without forcing the issue.)

He's kind of goofy though and sometimes insists on taking his shirt off as well. We were at the Gap outlet the other day when he told me he had to go. He refused to go until I let him take his shirt off too. When he finished, he flushed the toilet and then covered his ears because it was too loud. Of course, I had to grab the phone and snap a quick photo! (He'll love me for that someday, I'm sure!)

2 comments:

Kate said...

this is too funny!! :P

beth said...

Hehe, that is too funny!!! GREAT photo!!