Thursday, September 24, 2009

Race for the Cure

I was going through the pictures on my camera and came across the pictures from the Race for the Cure. I had uploaded them, but I guess I never got around to posting them on here. (The race was over 6 weeks ago! Oops!)

We all had a great experience at the race. The whole family (Team Mammo-Grans) showed up bright and early to walk/run. Kassie, Scott and I took off at 7:30 to run, while the rest of the crew walked/pushed strollers/carried little ones!

Kassie and Scott had a little bet going about which one of them would beat the other. Scott had done very little running before the race. Kassie, on the other hand, had started training for another half marathon. Scott took off fast and got way ahead, but he lost his momentum after a while. Kassie ended up beating him and running her 5K PR of 25:49. I ended up passing Scott with about 1/2 mile left and finished at 29:08. Scott ran it in 31:20, which is pretty darn good for someone who was not a runner!

We met up at the finish line and watched the rest of our team finish the walk.

Here are a few photos from the morning.

Our team (minus Aidan)
Photobucket

Gran and Aidan
Photobucket

26 weeks pregnant
Photobucket

1 comment:

Megan said...

Great job!! You look amazing!