Things have still been pretty busy around here. I just keep getting days at the school! I'm definitely not complaining. It's nice to get out of the house and of course, the extra money is great too. I think I've subbed more in the past month than I did the entire first semester though! Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up once Drew is working again (we're not sure what his hours will be). I've talked to the secretaries in the elementary and the JH/HS and they both said they will try to keep me busy! I also start JH track practice on March 9. It's a short season. The first track meet is April 2 and the last one is May 2. I'm pretty excited about it though.
Speaking of track/running, I've started training for another half marathon. Kassie and I are planning to run the half in St. Louis on April 19. We talked about it all fall/winter but it still surprised me when it was 12 weeks away and I had to get back into training! My running has been limited because of the cold this winter. I can only run 3 miles or so on a treadmill, so I definitely didn't keep up my mileage. I'm finding it's a lot easier the second time around though. I ran 5.3 miles on Friday afternoon and while the wind made it tough, it wasn't nearly as bad as I would have expected 5.3 miles to be! Hopefully I can work my way up to 13 miles sooner and then work a bit on my time.
Drew and the boys still seem to be having a good time. Aidan LOVES his Daddy time. Cale is definitely excited to see me when I get home, but it's not an issue when I leave anymore. I had to laugh the other day when Drew practically begged me to take the boys to the gym and said "I haven't an hour to myself all week!" I must say, it's nice to know that he's getting a taste of being a real stay-at-home parent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You amaze me, Kristi!! That's so awesome that you're training for another race :) Good for you and your sister!
Congrats on staying so busy! It cracked me up to read Drew needed some "me" time. LOL Staying at home is not for the weak! :)
LOL Poor Drew! He had no idea what he was getting into I am sure.
That is great you are doing another race! And how fun to be able to train and run it with your sister!
Post a Comment